At The Connacht Hotel, we are passionate about sustainability & are committed to making a positive impact on the environment by implementing effective green practices and procedures throughout our hotel. We currently hold the Silver Award with Green Hospitality Ireland and are well on our way to achieving the Gold Award.
We began our ‘Green’ journey in 2018 & our fantastic staff are key to our success in delivering a more sustainable and environmentally friendly service. Their invaluable input, insight and engagement is at the core of our achievements to date. Many initiatives have already been introduced and new ideas are emerging & evolving daily. We recognize that sustainability is a never-ending journey and are excited for the road ahead.
SILVER AWARD - LABEL WITH GREEN HOSPITALITY
We have been awarded the Silver Award with Green Hospitality since February 2020. We have made numerous changes so far across all departments with many more being introduced in an on-going basis.
You Choose Us, You Choose Green
The 5 C’s of the Connacht Hotel Green Policy
• Carbon Footprint – monitoring to reduce our carbon omissions through waste reduction & the use of green energy
• Conservation – to save for later use & to protect the environment
• Co-operation – adopting the policies & embracing change
• Commitment – to manage and reduce the consumption of goods, energy & unsustainable products
• Community – to work together sharing a common understanding