Summer Holidays fly by, so let’s create some memories of days out and adventures with the family to last a lifetime. Family life is busy and demanding but just oh so rewarding when you get a chance to take a break and enjoy some quality family time together.
Reconnect and recharge those batteries with a summer break in Galway. We’ve got some great summer family packages with a wide choice of family rooms and self-catering apartments in Galway, along with onsite family dining, swimming pool and a well organised Kids-club – we’ve got your summer breaks covered!
Young Explorers Early Summer Package (6th May - 20th June 2019)
The Ultimate Family Holiday if you are travelling with Under 6's. With Discounts to Local Activities & Kids Club availble each evening.
Summer Family Breaks (28th June - 31st August 2019)
Our renowned 2 & 3 Night Family Breaks with full schedule of Activities in our Friendly Fellows Kids Club to keep all ages busy.
BOOK ONLINE or Contact our reservations team on +353 91381200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for your family break in Galway.
We’ve asked our team here at the Connacht Hotel for their Top 10 Choices for Family Activities in Galway, to help you plan the Best Family Hotel Break in Ireland this summer:
Our Top 10 Choices for Family Activities in Galway:
1. For those rainy days – the Aquarium in Salthill. Galway Aquarium is the National Aquarium of Ireland is located on the Seafront Promenade of Salthill, overlooking Galway Bay. Families can take part in the feeding, explore the model submarine, and even hold starfish and giant spider crabs.
2. When the sun shines, nothing beats a day out at the beach in Salthill. Pack a picnic and stroll along the 3-mile Promenade, with several sandy beaches to choose from.
3. The Slieve Aughty Experience with a Trip to the Enchanted Forest. Deep in the woods there is a hidden grove of native trees by a flowing stream where the fairies, gnomes and trolls live together with the animals of the wood. Bring your family along to discover this magical place…. The Enchanted Forest. Just a 20 minute drive from Galway.
4. A day at a Pet Farm. Choose from Turoe Pet Farm which includes ponies, donkeys, goats and sheep, as well as “Larry the Lama” and “Curley the Alpaca”. Take a walk along the beautiful nature trail whilst enjoying the tranquil setting, fresh country air and the delightful sound of birdsongs. Or visit Loughwell Pet Farm, between Moycellen and Spiddal where they have not just anaimals wbut an extensive indoor play area and tractor rides.
5. For older kids, Pallas Karting have a dedicated family track, a custom built track which is suitable for kids from 10 years old and upwards and is an excellent activity that kids are sure to enjoy. Pallas Karting is a 30 minute drive from Galway. In the city centre, you will find Galway City Indoor Karting in Liosban Industrial Estate, just 5 minutes from the hotel. Karters from as young as 7 can join in the fun with 15 and 30 minute sessions on the track. Galway City Karting is open 7 days a week from 12 noon daily!
6. Discover The Burren Nature Sanctuary near Kinvara, Co.Galway. A hidden treasure for families, where you can follow the nature trail, find fairies and meet friendly farm animals. With a large playground for kids of all ages and a soft play indoor area with a cafe for mums and dads – this is a fantastic day out for all the family!
7. Renville Park - Renville park is a large public park located by the sea, just beyond Oranmore, about 10 minutes drive from the hotel. The facilities include a, playground, picnic and barbecue areas. The network of walks through the woodland and open farmland, along with the scenic view of Galway Bay make it a very popular walking and amenity area. Set in the grounds of an old stately house, many of the original structures are still in place.
8. Enjoy a Connemara Day Trip with a stop at Kylemore Abbey, where they have a Children’s Play Trail, Woodland Walks & Walled Gardens. Just beyond Kylemore Abbey, you will pass through Letterfrack and you will find the Connemara Nataional Park with walking trails for different abilities and plently of picnic benches with a playground to keep smaller kids occupied.
Take a breather at the Coral Beach on the way home. This is a beautiful beach with different sized “coral” fragments and an assortment of seashells on show. A lovely location for swimming, kayaking, snorkelling and exploring near Carraroe.
9. Galway City Museum – The current galleries include a Sea Science exhibition and interactive Medieval Maps of Galway. Make sure to check out their upcoming events calender, where they offer a number of free children’s events and workshops throughout the year. Bookings are advised as spaces are limited for events.
10. Hideaway at the Eye Cinema and check out the latest cinema releases in the Eye Cinema, just a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Contact our Reservations Team today who can assist you in planning you Summer Family Break in Galway on 091 381200 or email@example.com
View our 2 and 3 Night Summer Family Packages.