When it comes to booking hotel rooms, experienced travellers know that the best way to save money is by booking direct. Here at the Connacht Hotel, booking direct is always the way to go. Our January offer, gives you the option to book now for January and pay later with your saving of 15% on the best available rate.
First up, Zweena Murray is from Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. She studied teaching in Wales and during her study period, like most students, she jetted off to Cape Cod on a J1. She has traveled abroad every year since she was 4 and has a passion for taking pictures around the world and posting them on her social media account @irishtravelkid.
Irish Travel Kid has an aim to travel to 50 countries before she is 30.
Her top three tips are;
1. Book with the hotel, you are guaranteed to save this way.
2. Always book your flights on an incognito window to save money and apparently the best day for deals is a Sunday!
3. Carry many methods of payment and not just one. I always kept my cash and cards in 3 separate places when I traveled the world last year. Especially in countries such as Cambodia/Indonesia where pick-pocketing is common.
To keep track of her journey, follow her blog here.
We also spoke to Vanessa Prendergast of the blog, Blondewandering. A flight attendant and blogger she is in the ideal job to be a travel blogger. One of her favourite sayings is “A mile of highway will take you one mile, but a mile of Runway can take you anywhere.”
Three things that she has learned while travelling;
1. When choosing where to stay, make sure you choose somewhere that’s right for you. Book through the hotel directly, either on their website or by phone. Download the Uber app especially when abroad as it is the cheapest and safest way to get around.
2. Make sure to pack a spare change of clothes in your carry on bag, especially when travelling by air. I always have an overnight kit onboard with me even when working.
3. Stay safe at all times. Be smart about tagging yourself on social media as you never know who’s watching. That has genuinely been one of the biggest things I’ve learned while travelling and being active on social media.”
Follow her blog here.
We also spoke to Nelly Says, an Irish Fashion, Lifestyle and Travel Blogger.
"I love all things to do with fashion, fitness, and beauty. I am definitely not a fitness fanatic, a Nigella Lawson or a makeup artist, but these are things that I have a great deal of appreciation for.."
1. Pack Less
Just bring your staples; jeans, boots & blazer. Forget about packing 6 outfits for a weekend away.
Less is more and dress your basics up. Less choice means you'll be faster at getting ready.
2. Get Lost
I've gone to so many places where I've overreached and nearly broke my neck trying to try or go to a bar or restaurant I read about online or on a blog. A lot of the time I wasted more time than I needed on trying to find these places. I think you need to pick a general area to wander around, get lost, and find the little local gems that way.
3. Book Direct
I find the key to saving money while travelling is to book your hotel directly through its website or call them. Hotels are able to offer you better deals themselves.
Follow her blog here.
So there you have it, if your new years resolution was to travel more and save money it is actually possible buy booking with us using promo code #DIRECT. Keep an eye on www.theconnacht.ie to see our upcoming deals.